Are eyelash extensions possible during menstruation?
Long and thick eyelashes are a beauty secret for women. They emphasize the depth of the eyes and make them even more expressive. Eyelash extension technology is becoming more and more popular. But not everyone can have them - there are contraindications to this particular treatment. In this article, we will tell you whether or not you should get eyelash extensions during your period.
PREPARE FOR THE APPOINTMENT
In order for the treatment to go as well as possible and for the result to be pleasing, you must first prepare properly:
- You must completely wash all makeup off your eyes and remove contact lenses. Eyes and eyelids should be free of cosmetics. Because the remains of cosmetics do not allow the false eyelashes to adhere well.
- Don't use an eyelash curler on the day of the appointment.
- Undergo a special test if you are allergic. It is the best decision to rule out a reaction to the false eyelashes and the glue. A patch test can help.
- If you don't feel healthy, better stay at home during your menstrual period. The appointment should be postponed to another day.
- Do not perform an eyelash lengthening treatment if you are undergoing treatment with antibiotics or hormones.
- Remove your contact lenses first. Be sure to talk to your eye doctor if you have vision problems.
MENSTRUATION ON THE DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT
A woman's period is not a contraindication to not getting eyelash extensions. However, eyelash stylists warn that this is undesirable on critical days. If you notice any symptoms (stomach ache, bad mood...), then on such days it is better not to visit a beauty salon. Hormonal disorders are expressed in a decrease or lengthening of the normal cycle length of the eyelashes and hair. They get oilier. For this reason, the eyelash glue cannot adhere reliably to the eyelashes. Everyone is individual and has a different hormonal background. Treatment cannot be guaranteed to last for many weeks during menstruation.
THIS CAN HAPPEN IF YOU IGNORE YOUR EYELASH STYLIST'S ADVICE
Extensions increase the stress on the eyelid. Natural lashes start to fall out faster. As a result, bald spots form in the ciliary row. Natural eyelashes can fall out even faster due to hormonal imbalances during menstruation. Gaps may appear along the ciliary growth line.
It can take a long time to restore the healthy appearance of natural lashes. It is necessary to take vitamins and regularly use creams and ointments for eyelash growth.
The question of whether it is possible to lengthen eyelashes during menstruation has not yet been sufficiently researched. The experience of eyelash stylists confirms - women can get eyelash extensions during menstruation, but we would not recommend it.
No one can guarantee that eyelash extensions will last for several weeks during menstruation. The hormonal background is more stable after the critical period. When eyelash stylists are asked what happens when eyelash extensions are performed during a woman's period, the following can happen:
- You could be allergic to the synthetic hair or the glue used during the treatment
- Natural eyelashes become brittle and can fall out completely
- The effect lasts much shorter
- Synthetic lashes don't last well and can damage natural lashes
Consult a professional to decide which day is best for eyelash extensions. The quality of the material, the lifespan of new extensions and their appearance depend on several factors.
Leave a comment