How to apply eye pads like a pro
Eyelash treatments, such as extensions, tinting, removal and laminating, require not only skilled execution, but also high-quality products - one of which is hydrogel eye pads. Patches can be made from different materials. In addition to protection, they also have other functions. Why are they an important tool? How do you use them? Let's dig deeper into this topic.
WHAT ARE EYE PADS?
During the lash work, pads are applied to isolate the lower lashes. Hydrogel pads are probably the most popular option. These eye gel pads are most commonly used by stylists for eyelash extensions, removals and eyelash lifts. At the heart of such an eyelash product is a medical polymer material with a hydrogel inside. They are mainly produced in white, which makes the work of the eyelash stylist easier. The eyelashes stand out very well against the light background. The eyepads do not come loose on their own during treatments and do not bother you, they are comfortable to wear. The likelihood of an allergic reaction is very small. They are available in different parameters. There are thicker ones too, but that depends on the amount of gel in the pad. There are also ultra-thin products. Such pads are also convenient because they leave no residue on the skin. Another advantage is that the eye pads have a beneficial effect on the eyelids. The skin becomes softer and smoother. Eye gel pads may contain vitamin E and collagen. They nourish and moisturize the skin during treatment.
WHAT ARE EYE PADS FOR?
Eye pads are an important part of eyelash treatment. They are used in the pre-work to isolate the lower lashes from the upper ones. Eye Pads are applied to the lower eyelid area. It is very important to use proven and high-quality products, because the thin skin around the eyes is very easy to injure. The eyepads are along the waterline.
The pads can be made from the following materials:
- Paper: These are the most affordable types of eye pads. They are disposable and have a sticky layer. They have no maintenance function.
- Hydrogel Eye Pads: They are filled with fatty acids and extracts. Due to their structure, they adhere firmly to the surface of the eye. They have a nourishing and nurturing function. In our opinion these are the best products. We recommend using this pads material for eyelash treatments.
- Silicone: They are reusable and non-slip.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF EYE PADS
Disposable: They are usually sold in packs of 10 to 100. It is the most hygienic option for beauty salons.
Reusable Eye Pads: Reusable eye pads are usually sold in pairs. After work, it must be rinsed with water and cleaned with disinfectants.
WHY ARE EYE PADS SO IMPORTANT?
With various cosmetic treatments (eyelash lengthening, eyelash lifting, eyelash tinting, removal) care must be taken to separate the upper row of eyelashes from the lower one. This must be done for several reasons. For eyelash extensions, the stylist works with a special adhesive that is applied directly to the eyelashes. It's important to separate the bottom lashes so the glue doesn't stick the top and bottom rows of lashes together.
Another reason to use hydrogel eyepads is not only to create a comfortable working environment but also to ensure the safety of the customer. They protect the skin around the eyes from damage and penetration of coloring pigments during the procedure. Every stylist knows that the beginning of any procedure is the application of patches. The process must be implemented very simply and skilfully.
HOW TO ATTACH THE PADS CORRECTLY UNDER THE EYES
For eyelash treatments, stylists use pads for the lower eyelids. Thats how it works:
- Before application, the skin is pre-cleansed. Use an eyelash shampoo. After the surface has dried, start fixing the eye pads.
- The packaging is only opened shortly before use.
- The pads are applied to the skin under the lower eyelid. The customer's eyes should be as open as possible. Separate the lower and upper lashes with a special comb. Pay special attention to the hair in the corners of your eyes. To make them stick much more firmly to the skin, it's a good idea to attach a small piece of medical tape to the inner and outer corners of the pad.
- For a better fit, the ends of the pad should fit snugly against the skin. Without touching the lashes, stick the pad to the upper eyelid along the entire length of the hair growth. The base manages to deliver all the nutrients, so there is no point in pressing the patch too hard.
- Smooth wrinkles and bubbles. The customer should feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Carefully remove the eye gel pads after the eyelash treatment. Pull the outer edge from the temple to the nose and carefully up.
- Remember that used pads are disposable. They should be discarded immediately after each treatment.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST EYE PADS?
Hydrogel eyepads, which are lint-free, thin and non-irritating to the skin, are considered the best option. For pads, stickiness is also important. The comfort of the client and the convenience of the eyelash stylist's work must be the top priority. In addition, it is important to consider the quality of the materials.
PROFESSIONAL LASH MAPPING
Proper markings are very important for neat eyelash extensions. Many eyelash stylists use eye pads for optimal guidance while working. This can significantly affect the final result of the work. We recommend marking the pads each time with each customer. It makes the work clearer and the speed faster.
ADVANTAGES OF PROFESSIONAL HYDROGEL EYE PADS
- Moisturizing: They provide the delicate skin around the eyes with moisture and vitamins. The main ingredient is collagen. They usually also contain various extracts from plants and fruits.
- Rejuvenation: Eye gel pads combine all modern scientific advances in the field of rejuvenation and regeneration. It contains peptide components, collagen and allantonin.
- Wrinkle smoothing: A small "Botox effect" appears. Such eyelash products contain collagen. It is an important ingredient for strengthening the vascular wall and thus increasing the elasticity of the skin.
- Supplying the cells with nourishment: These pads are healthy. As a rule, they are made on the basis of retinol and other expensive raw materials (plant extracts, minerals). Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A and can suppress the growth of malignant cells. It can normalize the work of the sebaceous glands, increase local immunity of the skin, brighten and refresh the face.
- Puffiness Removal: The eye gel pads remove puffiness and dark circles around the eyes.
FOR DYING EYELASHES
Eye pads are not only suitable for eyelash extensions, eyelash removal and eyelash lifting. They can also be used to dye eyelashes. During work, the skin around the eyes is reliably protected from dyes. Eye Gel Pads are securely fixed to the skin and do not slip. The cosmetic effect must also be taken into account. The pads may contain hyaluronic acid, which helps reduce expression lines. Natural extracts also have a beneficial effect on the skin.
PROBLEMS THAT MAY OCCUR AND HOW TO SOLVE THEM
Beginners often have the same problems applying our hydrogel eye patches and this can be challenging at times. We have prepared the most important FAQs:
What to do if the pad under the eyes catches the eye?
The product itself does not contain any ingredients that are dangerous to the human body. If it gets on the mucous membrane, it causes discomfort and increases tears from the client's eyes. Such factors interfere with the work of the stylist and are unlikely to please the client. This problem can be avoided. The likely reason the edges are catching your eye is that the pad was placed in the wrong position. The outside edge of the patch should be level with the base of the waterline but not overlap it.
What to do if the pads don't stick and keep peeling off?
The most common reason for this problem is poorly prepared skin under the pad. Cosmetics and fats can negatively affect the adhesion of the adhesive side. Be sure to pre-treat the skin with an eyelash shampoo.
What to do if the bottom lashes keep popping out of the pad?
This happens when the product is applied incorrectly and bubbles form on its surface. The best solution to this problem is the right gluing technique. First apply the pad near the waterline so that it fixes all the lashes. Then start smoothing the pad so there are no bubbles in it.
Hydrogel eye pads have become an essential tool for eyelash treatments. Nowadays there is a wide variety of products. You can buy the best eye pads in our shop.
Leave a comment