Why are my eyelash extensions sticking together?
Sometimes women complain about sticky eyelashes. Eyelash lengthening treatment should only be performed by a professional stylist to avoid negative result. Incorrect gluing leads to the fact that the natural hair becomes weaker and can fall out. Bad work can have many reasons. Let's take a closer look at them.
REASONS FOR BAD EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Fact: Eyelash extensions are a safe procedure that must not harm the eyes and the skin of the eyelids. We always recommend having this work done by a professional eyelash stylist. A bad result is usually achieved when women have their eyelashes done in an inexpensive home salon. But sometimes we also get calls from clients who have had bad experiences in a studio. We recommend checking the location before booking an appointment.
WHY CAN EYELASHES STUCK TOGETHER?
- Low skill of a stylist with no or minimal experience will result in uneven distribution of eyelash glue and an uneven lash line.
- Incorrectly selected eyelash extensions, which do not correspond to the customer's natural eyelashes in terms of thickness and length, lead to damage to the natural hair.
- Failure to take into account the general condition of the body and the presence of contraindications. For example, during pregnancy it is better to avoid eyelash extensions.
- Low cost of treatment attracts clients who do not think about the quality of such a service.
Conny Lashe's tip: To determine if the eyelash extensions are sticking together, use a simple method. Comb the lashes from root to tip with a mascara brush after treatment. You can easily check whether the eyelashes are sticking together. Not a single eyelash should stick together. If there are visible areas along the lash line, work right over them again. A true professional will correct it during treatment.
COMMON MISTAKES OF EYELASH STYLISTS
ERROR NO. 1
Using cheap eyelash extension products. Many eyelash stylists try to save on material. But if the extended eyelashes stick together or more serious consequences appear, then the savings are not justified. Inferior material does not last nearly as long as high-quality materials.
RESULT OF ERROR NO. 1
It will be uncomfortable if the customer's body has an allergic reaction to an inferior product. In this case, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
ERROR NO. 2
Many stylists only use eyelash extension tweezers in their work. It's not a correct way to lengthen eyelashes. The work must be done with two tweezers. One pair of tweezers separates the natural lashes and the other sticks the extension onto one natural lash. There is a high risk when a stylist only uses tweezers to get the job done. There is no control over the glue that keeps the lashes from sticking together.
RESULT OF ERROR NO. 2
The lash line will break up into bundles that stick out in different directions and tangle with each other. It will be impossible to comb them. Using too much glue stops the natural hair cycle. There is only one possibility: Remove eyelash extensions immediately!
ERROR NO. 3
If it takes the stylist less than an hour to complete the job, the procedure was probably poorly performed. An experienced artist needs 2-3 hours. Don't forget - each individual eyelash or fan is glued onto each natural hair. This takes time when done professionally.
RESULT OF ERROR NO. 3
Such a quick procedure cannot lead to a good result. Most of the time, customers complain about discomfort after such a short appointment.
ERROR NO. 4
When an eyelash stylist applies an extension incorrectly and uses a poor-quality adhesive. Then the hair will probably fall out at the root of the eyelashes.
RESULT OF ERROR NO. 4
There is discomfort on the eyelids, the eyelashes are prickly and last much less than the usual time. Remove them immediately if uncomfortable.
ERROR NO. 5
When building a series of eyelash extensions, the stylists do not leave a gap of 0.5-1mm to the skin of the eyelids. We do not recommend applying the glue to the eyelids.
RESULT OF ERROR NO. 5
An eyelash glue on the skin of the eyelids causes discomfort. Eyelashes sting the eyelids, especially when blinking. This poor work leads to injuries of the eyelashes and the skin of the eyelids. Conny Lashe's tip: Remove extensions immediately!
HOW TO AVOID STUCK EYELASH EXTENSIONS
- Be very careful when choosing a stylist.
- Ask friends and acquaintances where they get their eyelash extensions done.
- Check photos and reviews before booking.
- Find a beauty salon or stylist that only does lashes. If a person works in another profession the rest of the time and earns some extra money in the evenings, then it is unlikely that you will get what you dream of. Even in a beauty salon that offers ten different services, one cannot always be sure of the skills. Take your time and find a very good eyelash stylist who lives eyelash extensions and is constantly expanding his knowledge.
- Do not blindly trust a stylist, even if they have certificates and 10 years of experience. The beauty industry is developing rapidly. A professional stylist must always be up to date.
Leave a comment