Today, there are many beauty treatments that help women to look gorgeous with almost no effort. Eyelash extensions help women save not only time, but also money for make-up. There are tons of different types of eyelash extensions styles. In this article will focus on the doll eyelash extension effect. The eyes visually appear larger. The look becomes open and more seductive.
What is the doll eye eyelash extension technique?
With this method of extension, eyelashes can be made long and beautiful, like those on cute Barbie dolls. They are named "doll eyes" because the eyelash style looks like doll lashes. Different lengths of extensions are used to achieve this result. From the outside it has an effect that mascara has already been applied to the eyelashes. It will take a long time to achieve the same effect with cosmetics. In the middle of the eyelid, the length is usually 12 mm, to the corners of the eyes by 8 mm. Thus, it is possible to maintain naturalness. However, the puppet effect is not suitable for all clients. There are limitations that the eyelash stylist must inform the client about in advance. With a professional stylist, the eyelashes can look quite natural.
Doll eye lash mapping
The "doll lash extension" style makes the face more expressive. A professional eyelash stylist using high-quality eyelash extensions is able to create a neat result that will not be very conspicuous. The longest eyelash extensions are located in the middle of the eye, the shorter ones along the edges. Here you find a professional doll eye lash map:
- The eyelash stylist divides the eye into five zones. All zones include mixed lengths of eyelash extensions. The simplest way is to draw the zones on the eye pad.
- The work starts from the inner corner of the eye. This part gets filled the shortest eyelash extensions. The length of the eyelashes will increase smoothly to the middle of the eye. Many professional eyelash artists use lengths from 8 to 12 mm.
- The lengths increase up to 12 mm to the middle of the eye. The chosen lengths always depend on the lengths of the client’s natural eyelashes.
- The last section is very important for a clean work. Here same lengths of eyelashes are used as on the inner corner (shortest length 8mm). The transition should be smooth so that the lash line looks 100% natural.
After the work is finished, there should be a clean eyelash row, in which the length increases towards the middle of the eye and decreases slightly at the edges.
Who is suitable for doll eye lashes?
When modelling the eye, the stylist first looks at the shape of the client’s eyes. Everything plays an important role, including the deep of the eyes and the eye angles. Doll eye lash extensions are suitable best for the following clients:
- Doll eyelash extensions are best suited for clients who have wide-set eyes. They help to make the eyes look more classically beautiful.
- Many clients decide to get such eyelash style before vacation. So that they don’t waste time on makeup during their holidays.
- Beautiful doll lashes with a playful curl will definitely suit young and confident clients.
- This type of extension is well suited for parties and special events.
- A doll eye eyelash extension look is often found in celebrities who are in public.
This effect will be inappropriate for clients with bulging and almond-shaped eyes. Doll lashes are also not recommended for clients with small eyes or down outer corner eyes.
The best techniques for doll eye lash extensions
This eyelash extension style can be made by many different techniques. It depends on the client’s natural eyelashes and wishes.
Classic doll eyelash extensions: This technique is the most natural one. One extension gets glued to one natural eyelash.
2D volume eyelashes: Doll eye volume eyelash extensions are a good option to create a quick effect. In this case, two extensions are glued to one natural eyelash. It is not suitable for clients with naturally thin and weak eyelashes.
3D volume eyelashes: This is the most popular option. Three extensions are attached to one eyelash. The eyelash artist needs to analyse the client’s eyelashes before starting. Heavy extensions negatively affect natural eyelashes. They can become brittle and fall out. Safety first! The client’s lashes must be strong for 3D "doll eye" volume eyelash extension.
Conny Lashes Tip: Apply the classic version, if you are unsure about the condition of the client’s eyelashes. It allows to transform the look, but the natural eyelashes are not affected.
The best materials for doll eye eyelash extensions
The following materials can be used:
- Silk lashes have a glossy sheen. The extensions look natural. Eyelash stylists choose this type of eyelashes because of the unique deep look.
- Mink Lashes are light and fine artificial hairs. Their structure and density are very similor to natural eyelashes.
- Cashmere lashes count to one of the finest materials. They are very popular.
The names of the types of material have nothing to do with silk, mink, or cashmere. They are a symbol for the density and texture of the artificial hairs. The beauty industry uses a similar classification for the convenience of describing the characteristics of artificial eyelashes.
Natural materials could cause allergies. Doll eyelash extensions are achieved using synthetic fibers, as they are much safer. To get a fluffy doll effect, you should focus on the above described eyelash extensions materials. They give naturalness and expressiveness.
The best curls for doll eye eyelash extensions
The chosen curl plays an important role. A good stylist will always tell you that the stronger the parameters, the greater the load on natural eyelashes. If the right curl is chosen, you are on the safe side, as the shape of the eyes is professionally corrected.
C Curl Lashes
This is a medium curl that has a beautiful lift from the side. It is perfect for clients who prefer an irresistible lash look. In many cases they are used for classic doll eyelash extensions.
CC Curl Lashes
The difference between this option and the previous one is the more dramatic curl. It is not a bad option for clients with glasses. With this wonderful extension, the look can look unique.
D Curl Lashes
D Curl Lashes are the most attractive option for client’s who prefer volume doll eyelashes. The curl perfectly hides wide-set-eyes and even growing down eyelashes. This option can radically change the perception of a women’s face.
How long does it take to get doll eye lashes?
The process scheme is always the same. It depend on the choosen technique. On average, the working time for classic doll lashes take up to two hours. If it is 2D or 3D volume techniques the time increases up to three hours.
Advantages of doll eye extensions
Like any other eyelash extension style, the doll effect has its pros that every stylist should know.
Advantages of doll lashes:
- Doll eye eyelash extensions create an attractive look
- It is possible to correct certain eye shapes
- Many different volume eyelash techniques can be chosen
- They create an open-eye-effect
- Clients do not feel the eyelashes, if they are correctly attached
- No make-up needed
- Clients who tried doll eyelash extensions for the first time, feel like queens after the treatment
- They create a density volume eyelash look
Contraindications of the doll eye lash extensions look
Sometimes it is not recommendable to do doll lashes.
- It is forbidden for clients who have some kind of eye problems. These include conjunctivitis.
- Too long and thick eyelashes should not be glued on clients who have too brittle and weakened natural eyelashes.
- Clients whose eyelashes fall out for unknow reasons should not get eyelash extensions done.
- We don’t recommend doll eyelash extensions during pregnancy.
How to care for doll eye eyelash extensions
To maintain the "doll effect" of eyelash extensions longer, they need to properly care for them:
- We recommend combing the eyelash extensions every morning. You can use your usual cosmetics without restrictions, but oil-free mascara is preferable. It is much easier to rinse off than waterproof and does not stick eyelash extensions together.
- For the first three days after the treatment you should not swim in a pool or visit the sauna. After a few days, you can do all water activities without problems.
- Greasy creams and other oily substances should not get on your eyelashes.
- Make-up removal should be done with a special cleansing product.
- We recommend not to rub the eyes, because it can negatively affect the adhesive composition.