When it comes to beauty, every woman wants to look like a goddess without sacrificing naturalness. Full and long eyelashes play an important role here. The beauty industry offers a quick and pronounced solution – eyelash lengthening. One of the most popular techniques for a natural look is 2D eyelash extensions. A professional eyelash stylist should know how to use them because they are in high demand. Women all over the world love the natural look and 2D eyelashes will bring many happy and repeat customers.
WHAT ARE 2D LASHES?
They are also called "double volume eyelashes". 2D eyelash extensions are for women who want to achieve medium eyelash volume without having to apply mascara every day. The effect of additional volume and a more expressive look is achieved by attaching two extensions to one natural eyelash. Women who have already tried "classic" eyelashes often opt for a nuance with more volume. Adding thin extensions makes the look more natural and lighter. If the customer's natural lashes are naturally thicker, the look will be particularly impressive. If the eyelash extension style fits the customer's eye shape, the eyes can be optically corrected if necessary. 2D volume lashes are one of the most popular techniques as they add density to the lashes while maintaining a natural look.
HOW TO MAKE 2D EYELASHES?
- First of all, the eyelash stylist listens carefully to the wishes and expectations of the customer. During the application, the stylist creates hand-made lash fans and applies them to the natural lashes. False lash fans are glued side by side to maintain general orientation while the tips diverge in different directions. This is important for a well-groomed, beautiful and well-groomed lash line. We recommend using mink lashes or cashmere eyelash extensions for the 2D eyelash extension technique. Both are very soft and best suited for this method.
- After the analysis and discussion of the procedure, the eyelashes are washed with an eyelash shampoo. It is important to remove makeup before beginning. A primer helps for better adhesion. The bottom row of lashes should not touch the top row. Eyelash pads and tapes solve this problem.
- Then the eyelash extensions begin. The stylist starts creating 2D fans of lashes, dips them in the glue and attaches them to the natural lashes. This process is repeated around 150-200 times on one eye, depending on the amount of the client's natural lashes.
- After completing the work, the eyelashes are combed with a brush and checked with an eyelash mirror. Small gaps should be corrected before finishing the work.
Conny Lashe's tip: Always work with thin and light extensions with 2D Lashes. Due to the low weight, they do not make the natural eyelashes heavier and do not cause any health problems or trigger allergies. Never use pre-made bundle lashes! They are short-lived and produce a very unnatural effect. Clients will likely opt for a more professional studio after this experience. Remember to only use ultra-thin premium extensions for 2D volume lashes.
HOW LONG DOES A 2D EYELASH WORK TAKE?
Attaching the eyelash extensions is a tedious and lengthy process. A 2D eyelash extension work takes about 2 hours. Higher density techniques require even more time.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR 2D LASHES?
The 2D eyelash extensions are for clients who want to achieve a natural, medium-density effect. They are suitable for every day. If the client's natural lashes are bulky and brittle, the 2D technique is not recommended. Due to the extra weight, there is a high risk of the real lashes falling off.
The extension is attached to its base. The distance to the eyelid should be between 0.5 - 1.0 mm. This avoids contact of synthetic hair and adhesive with sensitive skin.
THE BEST EXTENSION LENGTHS FOR 2D EYELASH EXTENSIONS
The lash stylist must evaluate the client's natural lash structure before doing 2D lashes. Both the length and the thickness of the natural eyelashes must be analyzed. We recommend lengths between 7mm and 13mm depending on your eyelash extension style (squirrel eye, fox eye, cat eye, natural eye, open eye, doll eye).
Conny Lashe's tip: The length of the extension should never be 1/3 longer than that of the natural lashes.
THE BEST EXTENSION STRENGTHS FOR 2D LASHES
Once the natural lashes have been evaluated and the lengths of the extensions selected, the stylist needs to select the strengths. We recommend using strengths 0.07 and 0.10.
DO 2D EYELASH EXTENSIONS LOOK UNNATURAL?
If the stylist uses eyelash extensions of the right length, the eyelashes will look absolutely natural even with double the volume. The look will be more fluffy and seductive. Thick, voluminous eyelashes with a beautiful curl have always been a sign of femininity and attractiveness. Client's eyes will look amazing and 100 percent natural.
Eyelash extensions should always be refilled in a timely manner. The refill appointment should take place after 3-4 weeks. It is best if the refill is done by the same eyelash stylist who did the new kit. The following is done:
- At the beginning of the work, the eyelash stylist washes the eyelashes with an eyelash shampoo.
- After everything is clean, the stylist combs the eyelashes with a brush. This is done to check the lash line.
- Outgrown eyelashes are removed with tweezers. Most stylists use the "banana" technique.
- New handcrafted 2D lash fans are applied to fill in gaps and create a full and expressive lash look.
2D 3D EYELASHES
Sometimes it is difficult to decide between 2D and 3D eyelash extensions. Both techniques are very similar and differ slightly in the number of extensions that are applied. Eyelashes should emphasize the look, but at the same time appear as natural as possible. 2D eyelashes stand for the most natural eyelash volume look. 3D lashes ensure an even fuller look. If your client cannot decide between the two techniques, we recommend starting with 2D eyelash extensions and if she wants more expression, she can switch to 3D eyelashes.
CLASSIC VS. 2D LASHES
Both are techniques that emphasize the natural beauty of the look. They make the eyes more radiant and expressive without spoiling the natural look.
Compared to 2D eyelash extensions, the eyelash stylist uses thicker synthetic eyelashes for classic eyelashes. Both classic and 2D lashes do not overload the natural row of lashes. The classic look has the effect of coloring the lashes with paint. They appear longer, darker and more curved. 2D volume eyelashes look thicker and fuller, but still natural.
The effect of the two techniques is optically different. Everything depends on the parameters of the natural rows of eyelashes. For example, a "classic" eyelash extension that is used on very thick, strong and dense natural eyelashes is difficult to distinguish from 2D eyelash extensions. And the "double volume" with very sparse natural lashes looks so natural and well-groomed that it can easily be confused with the "classic" technique.