Eyelash extensions have become an indispensable part of a modern woman's life. They make it possible to emphasize the appearance and make it unique. The eyelash industry in particular is constantly developing new trends that dictate a constant change in beauty. One of these special trends are hybrid eyelashes. The prototype of this style is Hollywood star Kim Kardashian. Many eyelash stylists around the world create such eyelashes by attaching artificial hairs to natural eyelashes. If you want to know how to whip up the best hybrid eyelash extensions for your clients, then you should read this article.
WHAT ARE HYBRID LASHES?
Hybrid eyelash extensions have a special appeal and became popular in 2016. The style looks like individual lashes have grown more than others. Long applied extensions create the appearance of so-called "rays". It makes the lash line visually messy and multi-level. The distance between them depends on the client's natural lashes and the desired effect. A complete hybrid lash set will add volume to even the sparsest lashes. In practice, it is created using the 2D or 3D technique. The uneven length of the lashes enhances the natural beauty by elegantly framing the eyes. The "Kim K Eyelash Extensions" effect can only be achieved by an eyelash stylist with certain skills and experience.
THE SCHEME OF EYELASH EXTENSIONS HYBRID TECHNOLOGY
There is no clear plan. Each eyelash stylist determines his own scheme. The condition of the customer's eyelashes is very important. If the eyelashes are weak or sparse, it is better to take light synthetic hair.
Rays should be placed 3-5 mm from the outer edge of the eyelashes along the entire ciliary row every 2-4 mm. The rarer the rays are placed, the less intense the effect.
If the main length of the eyelash extensions is defined as a smooth transition from 8 to 12 mm and back to 8, the rays at the outer corner should be defined with 10 mm. The transition up to 13 mm in the middle and back up to 10 mm in the inner corner. In the corners themselves you can reduce the length to 9 mm and finish off the extension with the main length.
When building up the hybrid eyelash extensions, you can also use a combined volume. The main thing is that the rays are the same over the entire eye area.
2D AND 3D LASHES FOR THE KIM K LASHES STYLE
With hybrid eyelash extensions you can achieve the best effect with 2D and 3D volume eyelashes. With 4D and mega volume, the rays don't look good. They just get lost in the arrangement of the lash line.
WHAT IS THE BEST STRENGTH FOR HYBRID EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
We recommend using 0.05 to 0.10 strengths. The rays should be of equal thickness. If the client's lashes allow, you can use a thicker synthetic material. Just one ray can mess up the entire work.
WHAT IS THE BEST LENGTH FOR NATURAL HYBRID LASHES?
Starting from the main length, the "rays" of the first row should be longer by 2 mm. The next rows by 3 mm. Just use the 2D and 3D eyelash extension technique. Under no circumstances should eyelash extensions be used that are too thick. When you consider that 2-3 extensions have already been processed in one jet.
WHAT ARE THE BEST CURLS FOR HYBRID EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
The curl is used in different ways, adapting to the client's eyes. Many eyelash stylists combine C and D curls. They are placed in different positions along the ciliary row, depending on whether there is an elongation of the outer corner of the eye.
WHICH MATERIAL IS BEST FOR HYBRID LASHES?
For hybrid eyelash extensions, we recommend using synthetic mink material. It is very light and has an attractive sheen. It is perfect for 2D and 3D volume lashes.
BEST TECHNOLOGY FOR NATURAL HYBRID LASHES
- Natural eyelashes always grow chaotically in several layers. It is necessary to determine the bottom row of eyelashes. Short eyelash extensions are glued along the bottom ones. Long eyelash extensions are located on top of the ciliary row.
- Apply the rays first. The rays (longer eyelash extensions) are glued symmetrically to the client's eyelash line. This saves time when comparing and makes the result cleaner. In addition, the application of the beams shortens the working time. They are mainly attached to the upper row of lashes and it is more convenient for the client to clean the lashes from above than the lashes from below.
- Increase the length of the lashes to the outer edge of the eye. For example: 7mm short eyelash extensions, reach 10mm in the center of the lash line and gradually decrease a few millimeters towards the outer corner. Long eyelashes are applied 3 mm longer than adjacent short ones, so their length also changes.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR A NATURAL HYBRID EYELASH WORK
Eyelash extensions with the "Kim K Lashes" effect are very popular worldwide. Here you will find a step-by-step guide:
- The eyelash stylist has to analyze the structure of the customer's eyelashes.
- The client lies down in a comfortable position. It takes some time to finish hybrid eyelash extensions. We recommend offering the customer a blanket to feel good about.
- The lashes must first be washed and primed with a primer. Otherwise the eyelash extensions will not last long.
- Hydrogel pads are fixed on the lower eyelids. Some stylists use tape for the best fixation. It prevents eyelashes from sticking together.
- With one hand, the eyelash extensions are separated with tweezers. With the other hand, shorter eyelash extensions are attached to the lower row of eyelashes.
- The artificial hair should be applied to the natural eyelashes at a distance of approx. 1 mm from the eyelid.
- After gluing the entire bottom layer in the ciliary row with short eyelash extensions, start with the top row.
- In any order, rays with longer extensions are glued in random order.
- When the application process is complete, the lashes are combed to identify areas of empty lashes. Empty spaces are filled with eyelash extensions.
- Finally, the patches are removed.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF HYBRID LASHES
The main advantage of hybrid eyelash extensions is to achieve a beautiful eyelash look.
The style has even more advantages:
- A set of hybrid eyelashes increases the length and thickness of the eyelashes
- Hybrid eyelashes give tired eyes more freshness
- Suitable for almost all eye shapes
- Hybrid eyelashes conceal droopy eyelids
- The customer no longer needs make-up
- A hybrid eyelash extension goes with every look (business look, sporty look, evening look)
Disadvantages of hybrid eyelashes:
- The work can only be done by an experienced eyelash stylist
- An eyelash set with hybrid eyelash extensions takes about 3 hours - the more expressive the effect, the longer it takes
- Hybrid lashes are not suitable for clients with small eyes
- The longest eyelash extensions can easily break at the tips
- Shorter effect compared to volume or classic lashes
HYBRID EYELASH EXTENSIONS WITH COLORED EYELASH EXTENSIONS
Colored eyelash extensions are becoming more and more popular these days. A new set of hybrid eyelashes with high-contrast colors looks very expressive. Many eyelash stylists use brown extensions for this technique. There are no limits to the color selection. Blue and green extensions can also be attached, as well as beams with bright neon colors.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR "KIM K EYELASHES"?
The style looks different on each eye. It works best for clients with wide eyes. When there is no overhanging eyelid, the result is stunning. We do not recommend it for customers with small eyes. This technique is also not suitable for those who are not used to looking flashy.
HOW LONG WILL THE TREATMENT TAKE?
The treatment lasts at least three hours.
HOW LONG DOES A NEW SET OF HYBRID LASHES LAST?
Don't expect the result to last long. Due to the long length, eyelash extensions break off quickly, so correction may be needed after two weeks.
ARE THERE ANY CONTRAINDICATIONS WITH CLASSIC HYBRID EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Hybrid Lashes have no contraindications. However, for women who wear glasses, long eyelashes of the "Kim Kardashian" effect cause inconvenience - the rays protruding from the common row of eyelashes hit the glass, which can lead to fragility of their tips. The eyelash extensions should therefore never be too long.
CARE OF HYBRID EYELASH EXTENSIONS
The customer will receive professional advice after the work is completed. There are no differences to other techniques:
- The eyes should not get wet after the treatment. (24 hours)
- Sauna or swimming pools are not allowed until the glue is completely dry.
- Don't damage the hybrid eyelash extensions while sleeping with your face on the pillow.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes due to the volume and length of your lashes.
- It is better to use lenses until the glue dries completely.
- Wash the face and brush the hybrid eyelashes daily.
Careful care of the hybrid eyelash extensions prolongs the effect.