Eyelash extensions are among the most popular beauty services worldwide. It is important for a stylist to master a variety of techniques to meet the needs of each client. A coveted look is the cat eye eyelash extension look. If you want to be the best eyelash stylist in town, you should know how to use this style. Here you will find everything about cat eye eyelashes. Technology will bring you many new customers.
WHAT ARE CAT EYE LASHES?
The eyelash extension technique is quite complex and not many stylists can use it properly. The outer corner of the eye is lengthened and a round shape is created. The extensions should gradually increase with the outer corner of the eye. The length is reduced back to the last sector of the outside corner. Short eyelash extensions are glued to the inner corner of the eye. "Cat eyes" provide a playful look, while the imitation of a cat is subtle. Cat eye lashes are suitable for everyday use. If you implement the eyelash extension look correctly and efficiently, a seductive shine is created in the eyes. The cat eye effect not only lengthens the lashes but also gives them a playful yet natural curve.
LASH MAPPING FOR THE CAT EYE LASH EXTENSION LOOK
The style has become popular because it looks more natural than many other looks (for example: squirrel, fox eye). The secret of perfect cat eye eyelash extensions lies in the special arrangement of the eyelash extensions. This is how cat eye lash mapping works:
• Shorter eyelash extensions are applied from the inner corner of the eye to the middle of the eyelid.
• Longer extensions are applied from the center of the eyelid to almost the outer corner. The length is reduced again on the last sector of the outside corner.
• The transition between lengths is smooth. The application requires up to 7 different lengths.
THE BEST EYELASH EXTENSIONS FOR THE CAT EYE LASHES LOOK
You can use different materials for the cat eye lash look:
- Silk eyelashes
- Mink lashes
- Cashmere eyelashes
- Flat lashes
The eyelash stylist selects eyelash extensions of different lengths and diameters to vary the shape of the eye. The standard lengths are 14 to 6 mm. The thicknesses range from 0.03 to 0.15 mm. The main task is to achieve a smooth transition. The lash line should not appear layered. Many experienced lash stylists will mix up to two curls (such as C and CC curls) when performing cat eye lash extensions. Professionals use six or more lengths so that the extensions are glued proportionally to the edge of the eye and the expression of naturalness is created.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR A PROFESSIONAL CAT EYELASH LOOK
The work consists of the following steps:
- The preparation process. The stylist cleans the skin of the eyelid from makeup and excess sebum with an eyelash cleanser. The eyelashes are prepared with a primer. This ensures a significantly better adhesion of the eyelash extensions to the natural eyelashes.
- Special hydrogel eye pads are attached to the lower eyelid. They prevent the lower and upper lash line from sticking together.
- The eyelash fans (depending on the selected cat eye eyelash extension technique - up to 6D eyelashes) are glued to the natural eyelashes. First, the shortest extensions are glued to the inner corner of the eye. The lengths of the eyelash extensions get longer towards the outer corner.
- When the work is finished, the stylist carefully removes the pad and combs through the lashes with a brush.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT LENGTH OF EXTENSIONS
The lengths used for cat eye lashes depend on the customer's natural lashes. They can vary from 6mm to 14mm. The most preferred lengths are 8-14mm.
THE BEST CURLS FOR CAT'S EYELASH EXTENSIONS
The cat eye lash look is universal. All curves from J Curl to M Curl can be used for this style.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR CAT EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
The look is suitable for many types of women. You should use cat eye lashes on the following clients:
- Deep set eyes: The cat eye can correct the relative deficiency. The look becomes more open, which can make a woman's face look younger and even happier. Deep set eyes can look tired. Therefore, "cat eyelashes" can be a good option.
- Customers with very short natural eyelashes: If a customer has very short eyelashes, the "cat eye eyelash extension look" should be very soft.
- The first significant age-related changes. When a woman feels she is missing something to rejuvenate. Wrinkles appear, and the expressive eye make-up begins to age them. Thanks to the "cat eye" effect, there is a feeling of general rejuvenation, freshness and radiance.
You should never use cat eye lashes on clients with widely spaced eyes. The technique visually distorts facial features, reducing their attractiveness.
THE BEST TECHNIQUES FOR CAT EYE LASHES
The cat eye effect consists of gluing artificial hairs of shorter to medium lengths from the inner corner of the eye to the middle of the eyelid, gradually increasing their size from the middle to the outer eyelid. The eyelash extension style can be applied in a variety of ways.
- Classic Cat Eye Technique: Natural Cat Eye Lashes are used for clients with short and weak eyelashes. The eyelash stylist sticks an artificial hair onto a natural eyelash.
- 2D to 6D Volume Cat Eye Eyelash Extensions: Clients usually want to enhance the effect. Volume lashes are used more often because they create more density and expressiveness.
Conny Lashe's tip: The volume technique in particular requires advice from an experienced eyelash stylist. Never blindly fulfill all customer requests. The eyelashes should conform to the customer's type and never harm the health of natural eyelashes.
HOW TO MAINTAIN CAT EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
With the correct and regular care of , customers can significantly extend the wearing time of the lashes and keep them in top form. We recommend observing the following rules:
- Avoid spas, saunas, etc. with humid rooms and high temperatures
- Don't sleep with your face in the pillow. It makes the eyelashes fall out quickly and also leads to premature wrinkles.
- Only use oil-free cosmetic products
- Salt and chlorinated water are not suitable for eyelash extensions
- Do not rub or remove the lashes yourself
- Wash and brush the lashes daily
The care tips are simple and easy to implement. If customers follow them, the "cat eye eyelash extension look" will look great for a long time.