The easiest way to always get a bright expressive look even without a make-up is to have eyelash extensions. Many women are thinking about this beauty treatment and are probably wondering how long eyelash extensions last? We will answer all questions and help with tips how to prolong the wear of eyelash extensions as long as possible.
Why do eyelashes fall out daily?
It is well known that eyelashes fall out every day. That is a renewal process that is completely natural and constantly happening in our body. Each eyelash on the eyelids has its own period of life. The lifespan of human cilia is three to six months. This means that the eyelash may fall out after 90-180 days from the beginning of its growth. About 4-6 eyelashes fall out per day, which means that in 3-5 weeks a person can lose about 60-150 eyelashes. New ones will grow at the same time, but they will still be small and thin. It is important to know that the period can vary significantly from person to person. So, for example, one women’s cilia can be renewed in three months, and the other in almost six months.
And of course, this directly affects the period of wear of eyelash extensions.
In its development, the eyelash goes through three stages:
- Anagen - represents the stage of active growth
- Katagen - transitional stage
- Telogen - the resting phase, which ends with the loss of eyelashes
The processes of eyelash loss do not depend on extensions.
What if too many eyelashes fall out?
This can have many reasons:
- If too many eyelashes fall out, then this may indicate certain disorders in the body: hormonal failure, excessive stress, lack of useful elements in the diet, and several diseases. When faced with the problem of excessive eyelash loss we suggest contacting a doctor.
- A wrong technique and gross errors of the eyelash stylist can lead to the fact that eyelashes begin to fall out very quick. This can happen if too long and/or thick extensions get glued onto thin and weak natural eyelashes. In such situations, the natural lash can break off under excessive weight of the artificial hair. We recommend using thin and weightless extensions that can be glued in most cases without risk.
What factors determine the duration of wearing eyelash extensions?
- The first factor is the quality of the extension. The eyelash stylist should use high quality extensions that fit to the customers natural eyelashes.
- The second factor relates to the lash tools of an eyelash stylist. If the used materials are of poor quality, it will affect the wearing time. It is worth noting that good stylists never work with bad materials. Because they know that they can harm the health of the eyes. The eyelash glue is very important. A cheap one will not properly hold the extensions and they will begin to fall out much earlier than they should.
- The intolerance to the artificial material from which eyelashes are made is very rare. Sometimes the body does not accept them. In this case we recommend removing the extensions.
- The care factor. This point should be given special attention. An improper care often causes premature peeling of eyelashes.
Factors that prolong the wearing time of eyelash extensions
In order to prolong the wear of eyelash extensions, we recommend:
- Avoid mechanical damage to eyelashes. This means not to rub the eyes, to minimally touch your eyes with your hands. After cleaning the lashes with a lash cleanser, the eyes need to be patted gently with a towel.
- Hormonal drugs can reduce the lifetime of eyelash extensions. Due to the use of medications that contain hormones, eyelash extensions may fall out faster.
- Make-up removers and other cosmetics should be without oils and fats in their composition. Fat dissolves the eyelash glue. The same applies to decorative cosmetics. Eye shadows or make up should not have an oil base. These are two golden rules that must be followed. Otherwise it will negatively affect the period of wearing eyelash extensions.
- Oily skin types. We already talked about the effect of fat on the eyelash glue. Sebum has the same effect.
- Due to the high temperature in a sauna, the extensions will faster peel off.
- The habit of sleeping with the face in the pillow can make the eyelashes fall out faster.
How long should eyelash extensions last?
Back to the main question of our article. On average we recommend a refill appointment after 4 weeks. And someone may need to come after 5 or 6 weeks. This depends on many factors, we discussed earlier. We recommend our best eyelash extension glue with its special formula, because eyelashes can last up to 6 weeks.