Long and thick eyelashes are a women’s beauty secret. They emphasize the depth of the eyes and make them even more expressive. The eyelash extension technology gets more and more popular. But not everyone can have it - there are contraindications for this special treatment. In this article, we will tell you whether to do eyelash extensions during your period or not.
For the treatment of eyelash extension to go as well as possible, and the result to please you, you first need to properly prepare:
- You must completely wash off all makeup from the eyes and remove contact lenses. The eyes and eyelids should be free of cosmetics. Since the remnants of cosmetics will not allow the fake eyelashes to stick well.
- Don't use eyelash curlers on the day of the appointment.
- Undergo a special test if you are an allergic person. It is the best decision to exclude a reaction to artificial eyelashes and glue. A patch-test can help.
- If you don't feel healthy, then you better stay at home. The appointment should be postponed to another day.
- Do not do eyelash extension treatment, if you are undergoing treatment with antibiotics or hormones.
- Remove your contact lenses before. Be sure to check with your eye doctor, if you have any vision problems.
Menstruation on the day of the appointment
The period of a woman can be a contraindication to not getting eyelash extensions. However, eyelash stylists warn that it is undesirable to do this on critical days. If you notice symptoms (abdominal pain, bad mood...), then on such days, it is better to refrain from visiting a beauty salon. Hormonal disorders manifest itself in a decrease or increase in the usual cycle duration of the eyelashes and hair. They become oilier. For this reason, a reliable adhesion of the lash glue to the eyelashes cannot occur. Everybody is individual and has a different hormonal background. It cannot be guaranteed that the treatment during menstruation hold for many weeks.
That can happen if you ignore your eyelash stylist’s advice
Extensions increase the load on the eyelid. Natural eyelashes begin to fall out faster. As a result, bald spots are formed in the ciliary row. Due to hormonal disruptions during menstruation, natural eyelashes can fall out even faster. There can be gaps along the line of ciliary growth.
It can take a long time to restore the healthy appearance of natural eyelashes. It will be necessary to take vitamins and periodically use creams and ointments for eyelash growth.
Not enough research has been done on the question of whether it is possible to extend eyelashes during the time of menstruation. The experience of eyelash stylists confirms - during menstruation, women can get eyelash extensions, but we would not recommend it.
Nobody can guarantee that eyelash extensions will last for several weeks during menstruation. The hormonal background is more stable after the critical time. When eyelash stylists get asked what will happen if eyelash extensions get done during a women’s period, the following can happen:
- You could be allergic to extensions or the adhesive that is used during the treatment
- Natural eyelashes will become brittle and may fall out completely
- The effect can last for a shorter time
- The synthetic eyelashes do not hold well and can damage the natural eyelashes
Check with a professional to decide which day is best to come for getting eyelash extensions. The quality of the material, the service life of new extensions and their appearance depend on several factors.