Contact lenses have several advantages over glasses but are designed for the same purposes. Many women are interested in the question of the possibility of eyelash lengthening when using lenses. Let's find out if contact lenses are compatible with eyelash extensions.
WHY IT IS POSSIBLE
There are no particular contraindications, but you need to remember a few things:
- Eyelash extensions must be done with quality materials and by a professional.
- In order to maintain eye health, it is necessary to visit a professional eyelash studio. There is a risk of damaging the eyelid if the stylist is not a professional.
- Contact lenses should be removed prior to treatment. There is a risk of getting a special solution or glue in the eyes and, consequently, on the lens. Therefore, we recommend removing lenses.
- Contact lenses can shorten the life of eyelash extensions. Putting on contact lenses can cause fingers to rub against eyelashes, which can shorten their lifespan.
- With allergies, it is better to use glasses or disposable contact lenses.
- Use mild formulas for rinsing and storing contact lenses. They erode the glue to a lesser extent and fall onto the cilia when the lenses are put on. In this case, the extensions will last longer.
- Reduce lash exposure to water within 24 hours of treatment. Both the first washing and the first putting on of contact lenses can be allowed no earlier than 24 hours after the lengthening treatment. During this time, the eyelash glue dries and hardens completely.
Before a contact lens wearer decides on eyelash extensions, it is better to know all the nuances. Eyelash extensions do no harm. The most important thing is to follow all the rules of hygiene and entrust the eyes to a professional eyelash stylist.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CONTACT LENS EYELASH EXTENSIONS
CAN I WEAR CONTACT LENSES WITH EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Contrary to what some ophthalmologists claim, wearing contact lenses is not a contraindication to eyelash lengthening.
WHAT DO Ophthalmologists Say ABOUT EYELASH EXTENSIONS AND CONTACT LENSES?
Ophthalmologists say that there are no contraindications to eyelash extensions and lenses. It is necessary to consider the possible risks. In fact, lenses and false eyelashes are compatible, but the lengthening treatment itself is quite delicate. The work requires not only certain skills, but also accuracy, high accuracy and attention. That's why you should go to a trained professional.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE LENSES WITH EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Doctors believe that such lenses should not be used. The reason lies in the small particles of glue that inevitably get into the eyes. Then they get under the lens and have a bad effect on the eyeball. As a result, conjunctivitis or other inflammations can develop.
DO LASHES BREAK WHEN PUTTING ON AND REMOVING CONTACT LENSES?
Putting on and taking off contact lenses does not lead to loss.
WHAT VOLUME OF EYELASHES CAN YOU MAKE WITH EYE LENSES?
It is advisable not to increase the volume of Russian eyelashes to the maximum, as this can lead to a deterioration in the protective function of eyelashes and infection first of the lens, and then of the eye.
WHAT TO DO IF THE EYELIDS ITCH IN THE AREA OF EYELASH GROWTH?
Most often, itching after lengthening occurs simultaneously with redness of the upper eyelid and lash line. There can be several reasons for this: for example, increased sensitivity of the mucous membrane of the eyes, an allergy to the materials used, thick or tight adhesion of the eyelashes to the edge of the eyelid, burns. However, it should be borne in mind that the cause of the itching can also be linked to the contact lenses themselves. In any case, the client should immediately contact an ophthalmologist to solve this problem.
Eyelash extensions and contact lenses are compatible with each other. If you are an eyelash stylist, we recommend our professional store . Here you will find the best eyelash extension products at a glance. The high-quality products are harmless and suitable for sensitive customers with contact lenses.