Without such a small but important tool, the procedure for lift and lamination of eyelashes is impossible. The result directly depends on them. If you want to do a professional 5-star job and want to have many satisfied customers, then you are right here. We will not only discuss which lash products or techniques suit best, we will also give useful advice from experienced lash experts.
What are lash lift pads?
Not everybody has a perfect shape of eyelashes from birth. Many must seek help from eyelash stylists in beauty salons and artificially bend their hairs.
To make the natural lashes more curled, treatments such as lifting, or lamination have been developed. Both are aimed at changing the appearance of the eyes. They add lengthening and splendour, which allows to open the eyes make them brighter and more expressive.
To achieve a natural appearance in these treatments, special lash lift perming pads are used. They look like rods applied to the upper eyelid. Silicone is used as a material for their production. We sell high quality lash lift rods in our shop. The product is intended for multiple use. It is unique in there is a gradual increase from the inner to the outer edge, which allows to create a uniform, beautiful curve.
Conny Lashes Tip: It is necessary to sterilize perm shields in the same way as any other reusable lash lift tools after each client. The material can withstand heat treatment. But antiseptic solutions are not recommended, since they can destroy the surface of the material, which will further affect its properties. Before sterilization, the surface must be cleaned of residues of products and rinsed with water.
Which size fits best for a client?
Special silicone pads lift and fix eyelashes for proper styling. Silicone lash lift pads are matched to the shape of the eyes and the size of the eyelashes. Wrong selection will result in an unsatisfied result.
Our lash lift kit includes reusable soft and super elastic lash lift perming pads. They are used to treat short natural eyelashes and achieve a maximum effect.
Our premium lash lift pads are available in 5 pad sizes:
- Small: For short natural eyelashes of length of which does not exceed 6 mm.
- Medium: Forms a light curl with straight ends.
- Medium 1: It makes a smooth, rounded curl on medium length natural eyelashes.
- Medium 2: It simulates an extra-round bend.
- Large: For eyelashes from 10 - 15 mm in length. It creates a smooth eyelash curl.
Conny Lashes Tip: There are many different lash lift silicone pad sizes that need to fit perfectly on each client’s eye. Medium sized lash lift silicone pads are considered universal. They are suitable for any length. We don't recommend using lash lift pads for eyelashes with less than 0,4 cm and over 1,5 cm. For clients with very short eyelashes (less than 0,3 cm), it is impossible to select a suitable size of lash lift pad. In this case, it is better to refuse the treatment.
Step by step guidance of the lash lift procedure
- The eyelash stylist cleans the eye are from dirt and degreases it with a special solution.
- The expert selects the eyelash silicone pad according to the length and the desired effect.
- Eye patches get fixed to isolate the lower eyelashes from the upper ones.
- The selected lash lift shield gets fixed with a lash lift glue on the eyelid. The eyelashes should have a good stretch on the rods.
- 2/3 of the natural eyelash length gets covered with the 1st The lotion must be added with a Y-Brush about 1-2mm away from the roots. The exposure time of the 1st lotion depends on the client’s natural eyelashes.
- Remove the lotion and add the setting lotion. It should cover the customers natural eyelash length. The lotion must be added with a Y-Brush about 1-2mm away from the roots. The exposure time depends on the client’s natural eyelashes again.
- To make the natural eyelashes even more visible a colour can be added after the removal of the 2nd lotion.
- A Keratin Booster helps to make the eyelashes stronger and more resilient to damage.
- Remove the lash lift pads and clean all lash tools carefully.
Silicone rods are matched to the shape of the eyes and the size of the eyelashes. Wrong selection will lead to an incorrect result. Using small pads on long, thick lashes will create a stronger curl. Misapplying a large pad will minimize the curl, which is not satisfactory for the lash lift technique.
At the end of the treatment, the eyelashes appear longer and thicker. The most important thing is the selection of the lash lift pad size, the correct stretching and laying out of the eyelashes, the application of the lotions and their exposure times.
Lamination of the lower eyelashes
A Lamination of the lower eyelashes is necessary only in case of trichiasis disease, curling the eyelashes inward towards the eyeball.
It is done in the same procedure as the classic upper eyelash lift.
The secret of a professional lash lift work
The eyelashes should be located strictly parallel on the lash lift silicone pad, not criss-cross or break. Layout is an important step, which determines the position of the eyelashes after the procedure. An applicator can help to position the eyelashes correctly.
A lash lift rod gets applied at the very zone of eyelash growth. Always place the lash lift silicone pad correctly. When laying out the eyelashes, make sure that they rise from the growth line above the cut of the eyes, and do not appear to be hanging over the eyelid. It is also important to maintain symmetry in the direction of the hairs in the two eyes. Every millimetre is important here - even a slight difference can ruin the result.
Y Brush for best results
The Y-shaped eyelash applicator is your best friend. It will take a couple of minutes to lay out the eyelashes. The two working surfaces of the Y-Brush ensure a quality work. The fine tip allows to quickly and easily grab hairs from root to tip. It ensures that all eyelashes are separated and remain straight, in best position, on the eyelash lift rods.
Expert tips for using lash lift pads
Eyelashes should reach the middle of the lash lift perming pad. If the eyelashes do not reach the middle, then a smaller lifting pad is needed. If the natural eyelashes go far beyond the centre, it is recommended for beginners to change the pad size to the next size.
Avoid crossing eyelashes at the very root and walking tip. It is necessary to pay special attention to the beginning and end of the eyelash row, so as not to lose a single lash.
7 rules for a high-quality lash lift
- Correctly matched lifting shield
- Correctly fixed with a lash lift glue
- Good stretch
- Perfectly aligned lashes
- A small amount of glue on the eyelashes
- Correct combed eyelashes on the silicone shield
- Individually adjusted exposure time of lotions
The best lotions for lash lift treatments
High-quality perm and setting lotions are very important for a perfect job. We sell lash lift lotions with very short exposure times. They guarantee a fast work. It makes them special for eyelash stylists and customers. A stylist can do more treatments in shorter time periods and the customer doesn’t has to wait long.