6d eyelash extensions allow to get mega-volume, focuses on the eyes and do not require additional makeup. This volume style is very popular among women all over the world. The technique is very challenging, especially for unexperienced eyelash stylists. Without a doubt, the look, if done professionally, will attract many regular customers to the beauty salon. Here you will learn all the secrets about 6D eyelashes.
What are 6D lashes?
The style allows to increase the natural density of eyelashes by six times. This happens by forming six individual extensions to one eyelash fan and attach it to one natural eyelash. The technique, experience and choice of materials play a big role in the result. Therefore, the 6D eyelash extensions should only be done by professional stylists.
Who is suitable for 6D eyelash extensions?
6D lashes increase the volume of eyelashes a multiple time. We recommend the lash style for the following clients:
- For clients who like to be in the centre and enjoy it, if everything turns exclusively around them.
- 6D lash extensions are for special days. For example, a woman wants to look unique on her wedding day.
- The technique is suitable for women of any type, except for those with narrow or protruding eyes. Clients who have no natural thick eyelashes and expressive eyes, will get an especially good 6D-effect.
- The 6D-effect suits a model who actively participates in photo shoots, or an actress.
- The style is often used by show business stars who often appear in public, as well as those who like to attend social events and parties.
How long does the treatment take?
The duration of a new set of 6D eyelash extensions is usually 3,0 to 3,5 hours but may depend on various factors. It depends on the amount and the structure of the natural eyelashes of the customer. The skills of the stylist also play a time role.
Which materials should be used?
6D lash extension looks are done by using lightweight artificial fibres. We recommend using mink lashes (faux) or cashmere lashes for this technique. Both materials are very lightweight and comfortable to wear. You can buy them in our shop.
They eyelash fan gets attached with their base. The space from the eyelid should be between 0,5 – 1,0 mm. This avoids contact of synthetic hair and glue with delicate skin.
Contraindications of 6D eyelash extensions
Although the extension treatment is safe, there are several contraindications:
- The eyelash stylist must refuse to do the work in the presence of eye diseases, dermatitis. Susceptibility to infections is a contraindication.
- The procedure should be abandoned if an allergic reaction to materials and substances used (for example, primer, glue) is detected, when using contact lenses.
- Too oily skin of the eyelids will contribute to the rapid destruction of the glue. The eyelash fans will not last long.
- It will not work for clients with increased sensitivity of the eyes and tearing.
- 6D lashes should not be done if the customers eyelashes are thin or weak.
When is it better to choose a different effect?
Mega volume eyelashes are not for all clients. Women who have thin and weak eyelashes should not get 6D lashes. The weight can be a danger for the hairs. If a customer wants to have a big density it is better to recommend a style with less volume.
The correction of eyelash extensions should always be carried out in a timely manner. We recommend arranging refill appointments after 3-4 weeks. It is best if the refill will be carried out by the same eyelash stylist who did the previous work. Here is what will be done during the appointment:
- At the beginning of the work, the eyelash stylist washes the eyelashes with a lash shampoo.
- After the upper eyelid is clean, the stylist combs the eyelashes with a brush. This is done in order to check the lash line.
- Outgrown eyelashes get removed with the tweezers. Most stylists apply the "banana" technique.
- Handmade 6D eyelash fans will be glued to fill gaps and to create a full and expressive lash look.
Classic vs. 6D eyelash extensions
Both are techniques that emphasize the appearance of a woman. They let the eyes look brighter and more expressive.
In comparison to 6D lash extensions, the eyelash stylist uses thicker synthetic eyelashes when doing classic lashes. The classic look has the effect that the eyelashes are tinted with ink. They appear longer, darker and more curled. 6D eyelashes look thicker and fuller. The effect of these types of extensions is visually different. The russian volume brings more drama and shine.