Eyelash extensions are one of the most popular beauty services worldwide. For a stylist it is important to know a variety of eyelash extension techniques to meet the needs of every client. One of a high demand look are cat eye eyelash extensions. If you want to be the best eyelash stylist in your city, then you should know how to apply this eyelash extension style. Here you will find everything about cat eye lashes. They will bring you many new customers.
What are cat eye eyelash extensions?
The eyelash extension style is quite complex and not many stylists can do it. The outer corner of the eye gets extended and a round shape gets created. The extensions should gradually increase with the outer corner of the eye. The length gets reduced again to the last sector of the outer corner. Short extensions are applied to the inner corner of the eye. "Cat eyes" create a playful look, while the imitation of a cat is subtle. Cat eye lashes are suitable for everyday wear. If you correctly and efficiently carry out the eyelash extension look, you get a seductive shine of the eyes. The cat effect not only lengthens the eyelashes, but also gives them a playful yet natural curve.
Cat eye lash mapping
The style has become popular due to the fact that it looks more natural than many other looks (for example: squirrel eye, fox eye). The secret of perfect cat eye eyelash extensions is in the special arrangement of the extensions. Cat eye mapping for lash extensions:
• Short eyelash extensions are attached from the inner corner of the eye to the middle of the eyelid.
• Long eyelash extensions are attached from the middle of the eyelid to almost the outer corner. The length gets reduced again to the last sector of the outer corner.
• The transition between lengths is smooth. The application requires up to 7 different lengths.
Best lashes for the cat eye look
You can use several materials for cat eye lashes:
- Silk Lashes
- Mink Lashes
- Cashmere Lashes
- Flat Lashes
The eyelash stylist chooses extensions of different lengths and diameters to vary the shape of the eye. The standard lengths are 14 to 6mm. The thicknesses go from 0,03-0,15mm. The main task is to achieve a smooth transition. The lash line should not look stepped. Many Experienced eyelash stylists mix up to two curls (for example C and CC curls) when applying the “cat eye lash extensions” style. Professionals use six or more lengths, so that the extensions are glued proportionally along the edge of the eye and give the expression of naturalness.
Step by step guidance for a professional eyelash extensions cat eye look
The eyelash work consists the following stages:
- The preparatory process. The stylist cleans the skin of the eyelid from make-up and excess sebum with an eyelash cleanser. The eyelashes get prepared with a primer.
- Special hydrogel eye pads get fixed to the lower eyelid. They prevent the lower and upper lash line from sticking together.
- The eyelash extension fans (depending on the choosen technique – up to 6D lashes) get glued to the natural eyelashes. First, the shortest extensions are glued to the inner corner of the eye. The lengths of the eyelash extensions get longer towards the outer corner.
- When the work is finished, the stylist will gently remove the pad and comb the eyelashes with a brush.
How to choose the perfect lengths?
The used lengths for cat eye lashes depend on the client’s natural eyelashes. They can vary from 6 mm to 14 mm. The most preferred lengths are 8-14 mm.
The best curls for cat eye eyelash extensions
The cat eye lash look is universal. For this style all curls can be used, from J Curl to M Curl.
Who is suitable for cat eyelash extensions?
The cat eye look is suitable for many types of women. You should apply the cat eye for the following clients:
- Deep-set eyes: The cat-eye can correct the relative deficiency. The gaze becomes more open, which can visually make a woman's face younger and even more cheerful. Deep-set eyes can look tired. Therefore, "cat eyelashes" can be a good option.
- Clients with very short natural eyelashes: If a client has very short eyelashes, the "cat eye lash look" should be very soft.
- The first significant age-related changes. If a woman feels that she lacks something for rejuvenation. Wrinkles appear and the expressive eye make-up starts to age her. Thanks to the "cat eye" effect, there is a feeling of general rejuvenation, freshness and radiance.
You should never apply the cat eye for clients with wide-apart-set-eyes. The technique visually distorts the facial features, reducing their attractiveness.
The best techniques for cat eye lash extensions
The cat eye effect consists in gluing artificial hairs of shorter and medium lengths from the inner corner of the eye to the middle of the eyelid, with a gradual increase in their size from the middle to the outer eyelid. The eyelash extension style can be applied in different ways.
- Classic cat eyelash extensions technique: Natural cat eye lashes are used for clients with short and weakened eyelashes. The eyelash stylist glues one artificial hair to one natural eyelash.
- 2D to 6D volume cat eye eyelash extensions: Clients usually want to enhance the effect. Volume eyelashes are used more often, since they create more density and a more expressiveness look.
Conny Lashes Tip: Especially the volume eyelash extension techniques require a consultation with an experienced master. Never blindly fulfil all the client's requests. The eyelashes should fit the type of client and should never endanger the health of natural eyelashes.
How to care for cat eye eyelash extensions?
With proper and regular care of eyelash extensions, your clients will significantly extend the wear period and keep them in best form. We recommend the following rules:
- Avoid spas, saunas etc. with humid rooms and high temperatures
- Don’t sleep with the face in the pillow. It lets the eyelashes fall out fast and also leads to premature wrinkles.
- Only use oil-free cosmetics.
- Salt and chlorinated water is not best for eyelash extensions
- Brush and wash the eyelashes daily
- Don’t rub or remove eyelashes by yourself
The after-care tips are simple and easy to implement. If the clients follow them - the "cat eyelash extension style" will look great for a long time.